sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 and after driving around the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 and after driving around the corner about .5 miles I pulled up to park at church and it wouldn't shift gears to park. The service whine lights pops up and it says "service transmission shut off engine to engage park" any idea what this and how I can get the car to cut off?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be a handful of things. It could be the electronic shifter module, an issue with the transmission control module, the manual park release, the park release/manual valve solenoid, or possibly a loss of power, ground or communication bus to the trans controller.

If the trans won't go into park then it won't let you shut the engine off with the button which does present a safety issue in a case like yours. The only good way to kill the engine would be to take away spark or fuel. Removing fuse 35 will take power away from the coils and will kill the engine.

The first step in diagnosing the issue will be to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM. I'm assuming you were able to get the engine shut off. Is it something you're hoping to diagnose and repair yourself? If so, do you know what codes are set in the TCM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I'm not able to talk on the phone.