hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 Years Automotive experience,ASE Master & L1 certified. Ford certified trans rebuilder
285738

Ron my haul/tow light is flashing and my 2006 f350 4x4 6.0

Customer Question

hi ron my haul/tow light is flashing and my 2006 f350 4x4 6.0 starts only when it wants
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  hdgene replied 1 year ago.

Hello, when the tow/haul light is flashing its setting a transmission diagnostic trouble code, could be related to the no cranking issue if its a no crank, if it cranks and wont start that would be a different diagnostic scenario. Both would require a diagnostic check for codes using a scan tool to see what code(s) are stored. if it doesnt crank at times, verify when it doesnt crank if you are getting battery power and an ignition signal when turning the key to the starter

Expert:  hdgene replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  hdgene replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you still need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Transmlssion dealer installed new nutrel savty switch temp senser and wiring hanis still wont start startes some times
Expert:  hdgene replied 1 year ago.

Wont turn the starter to engage the flywheel and crank the engine or it cranks over and wont start?