Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

My 1999 chrysler 300m transmission will not shift sometimes

Customer Question

my 1999 chrysler 300m transmission will not shift sometimes and sometimes it shifts fine when it does not shift it seems to be stuck in second gear if you try to use the auto stick it shows it in second gear and you can not manually put in first with the auto stick.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

when it is stuck in 2nd gear it is in limp mode,,the computer puts the transmission into limp when it picks up a problem

from the way you explain and sense the problem is intermediate,,i would think your problem here is the shift solenoid block[common with this transmission]

i would think you will need to replace the solenoid block to fix your problem

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.