sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

04 ram,1500,4x4,5.7. Have codes po700,157,760. Trans running

Customer Question

04 ram,1500,4x4,5.7.
Have codes po700,157,760.
Trans running mostly in limp-in mode.
Tried sea-foam,it helps but only after 30 plus miles.
Any ideas?
thx
mark
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0157 is for the right downstream oxygen sensor. this could be a wiring or connection issue or the sensor itself, almost surely the sensor. If you don't see any visible wiring or connection issues then you're really safe just replacing the sensor.

P0700 just sets in the engine controller when there is a code stored in the trans controller.

The P0760 is related to the trans issue. This code is for the overdrive clutch solenoid control circuit and sets when resistance on the circuit is incorrect. This could be a wiring issue or the solenoid itself, almost surely the solenoid. I can only think of just a couple cases I've seen where a solenoid code on this trans wasn't caused by the solenoid itself. The solenoid pack on top the valve body will almost surely need to be replaced to repair this.