Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My name is ***** *****. We just bought a new executive 2015

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. We just bought a new executive 2015 Toyota 4 runner and there's a vibration in the 4x4 shifter only when moving. talked to Toyota they said didn't think anything wrong, but husband said it shouldn't vibrate.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just that when idleing or in neutral all is ok. when accelerating shifter vibrates quite a bit. It is only the 4x4 shift lever nothing in stering wheel, transmission shift lever or anything else.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes can wait. Am going to take to Toyota see what their tech says in about an hour. I'll get back to you later or tomorrow. Thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

If the shifter is the only thing vibrating then I would not worry about it, nor do I think your going to be able to fix it. The shifter is mounted to the linkage for the transfer case and the transfer case is moving from the engine and transmission rotation. being the shifter is solidly mounted so far from the knob on the end. A little vibration will appear as a lot more at the end of it.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)