Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2007 ford freestyle CVT trans started to whine or hum no one

Customer Question

2007 ford freestyle CVT trans started to whine or hum no one seems to know about CTV Trans ? Would filtre and fluid change help/ a couple of trans say they do not fool with CTV trans ?? what is your thought ?? Thanks
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Is the noise effected by sitting at idle in park or sitting at idle stopped in drive or reverse. If this has no effect on the noise then its not the coming input shaft bearing failure. The fluid and both filters should be serviced every 60k, so if that has been done then no, it will not help. How have you confirmed it is the transaxle to blame, and not something externally rubbing or vibrating on the engine transaxle or firewall?

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I am sorry you were not pleased with my help. I am still available if you would like to try again. I want you pleased with me.

Chris