Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2001 F-350 transmission hesitates/slips a little then seems

Customer Question

2001 F-350 transmission hesitates/slips a little then seems to build pressure and go into drive gear.
Reverse has no hesitation.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Once in drive 1st gear, are there any concerns with 1st-2nd-3rd-4th or there shifts?

Does this occur every time hot and cold when shifted to drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to shift up and down through gears fine while driving. When I stop at an intersection I need to rev it a bit to get in gear when it engages it feels solid.It first started in traffic after highway driving (hot) and has done it since. Although I have not driven it much since it started, not wanting to do more damage...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer to work with, I can't wait 24 hrs for every response.Help?

Sorry for the delay, it seems no others here wanted to take a shot at this concern. Since it occurs while still running just coming to a stop, that rules out the converter drain back valve. Since 1st works once engaged I do not suspect a clutch or piston seal issue in the forward clutch. I believe your going to find a lave or spring or bore in the valve body damaged allowing the pressure to the forward clutch to bleed off or delay in getting to the clutch. Do you know how to remove and overhaul a valve body to check it out or rule it out?

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I am sorry you were not pleased with my help. I am still available if you would like to try again. I want you pleased with me.

Chris