tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 Years experience as Transmission Specialist.
62741268

Type your question here...The manual transmission in my 1993

Customer Question

Type your question here...The manual transmission in my 1993 Mazda Miata sometimes slips into neutral when I'm in, for example, 3rd or 4th gear and press down hard on the accelerator.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
Unfortunately that symptom is related to the wear on the transmission. That indicates worn gear synchronizer hubs, this can cause the transmission to pop out of gear. Replacing all the gear synchronizer hubs and anything else that looks worn or damaged will be the fix for this which will mean removing the transmisssion from the vehicle and tearing it down. It will also be good to replace the clutch and the input bearing while the transmission is out of the vehicle.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!