Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

I have 2001 QX4 infiniti had a bad transmission (no 2nd

Customer Question

Hello, I have 2001 QX4 infiniti had a bad transmission (no 2nd gear) replaced it with used one and was ok for a while. Then trans won't pull in reverse feels like getting some torque, also won't roll in neutral. Replaced trans with 2nd used one and same thing happened again,
locked up in reverse & neutral. I am at a loss, has no mil on & I don't have any diagnostic equipment to diag trans. can you help?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if the problem you are having with these transmissions is an electronic concern the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, unfortunately there is no way to determine what is failing with out the proper equipment starting with a compatible scan tool in order to scan and retrieve the fault code and or codes. If you can get the system scanned and the fault codes retrieved I can advise you from there.