Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a chevy c6500 with a 6.6 l and Allison trans. This

Customer Question

Hello I have a chevy c6500 with a 6.6 l and Allison trans. This unit had the check trans light on and had storded fault codes P2729, P0708, P2670, P2727 Dose any o have any info on any of the codes.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have all codes cleared out with a scan tool that can clear out the codes.Then operate the vehicle and see which and if all codes come back.If only one or a couple come back these are the codes needing diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.These look to be transmission solenoid or actuator codes/electrical transmission codes.Inspect the wiring at and leading to the transmission for any broken or shorted wiring needing repaired.If the wiring is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so I cleared all codes and test drove the only code that came back was P2727. the unit was stuck in a range either 1 or 2nd. it would not go over 30mph. do you have the TCM and trans pin numbers. and what solenoid it causing this.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately on this model here I do not have the diagram for the pinouts at the TCM and transmission.This code indicates that pressure control solenoid E has an open circuit.In some cases it is wiring at fault leading to the transmission needing repaired but in most cases it can be the solenoid itself at fault needing replaced.My info also isn't showing the exact location of this solenoid on your model here.My info does show it will be the solenoid with the purple wire and light blue wire plugged into it at the solenoid itself if this helps.

Thanks Pete