ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

My 1992 B2600i drops at least 250 rpm when the clutch is

Customer Question

my 1992 B2600i drops at least 250 rpm when the clutch is engaged and the engine is in gear at a stop light or during deceleration. It will idle at 750 when the trans is in neutral and the a/c is off, about 1k when the a/c is on. It will shudder and die during a hard deceleration with the clutch engaged and trans in gear. sometimes it will idle normally in gear but only after I hear a click from the area of the ecu.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

What is the idle speed when in gear and clutch engaged?

Does it idle up and down either erratically or rhythmically before it dies?

Finally, it would help in pulling any needed schematics if you posted the VIN number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the idle speed can vary but it idles at about 500 in gear and clutch engaged. i have been idling with the transmission in neutral to keep it from laboring at 500 rpm. it does not idle rhythmically before stalling. It feels like the clutch is dragging but I don't think it is. sometimes on deceleration it will idle normally withe the clutch engaged and the trans in gear, This seems to happen after a click from the right hand side of the cab, much like a small contact energizing.
The vin is JM2UF3140N0294334
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

was this an issue before or after the clutch work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was before and after the work. No Change. I have replaced the Radiator, thermostat, Fan clutch, and water pump. The distributor is also new. If I let the engine come up to operating temp before I move it, it runs normally. actually it will climb to 1000 rpm when the clutch is engaged and the transmission is in gear
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.

I am a bit stumped on this one. I am going to open it up to other experts to see if anyone has an idea on this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** this is an electrical problem