Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

My 2003 Subaru Outback 3.0L H6 VDC is acting a little

Customer Question

Hi, My 2003 Subaru Outback 3.0L H6 VDC is acting a little atypical when I am going uphill under a full load. When I am going uphill and press the accelerator (at speeds between 65 and 80 mph) it kind of hesitates and if I hold down on the accelerator it
will shudder and buck making an audible sound (like a really hard shift). I have replaced the TPS, which solved this problem for the lower speeds (was not getting power and when held down the accelerator it would hesitate and then lurch forward with a hard
shift but not as bad as high speed shift), but it is still acting up when travelling at highway speeds uphill. Also, it does the same behaviour (same speed range and conditions) with the cruise control on. The check engine light is not on, nor does it come
on when this occurs. Any advice would be great. Thanks
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel question. Sorry for the inconvenience
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Just responding back to let you know your question did not go unnoticed, if you are not longer needing help then no need to post back and the question will be closed. If you are still needing help, post back and we can work from there.