Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Reverse lights 't work when shift to reverse,checked fuse

Customer Question

Reverse lights don't work when shift to reverse,checked fuse 14&18,checked bulbs,disconnected dtr jumpered blue/pink to dark green/yellow together brake lights don't work
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

You started with reverse lights do not work, then ended brake lights do not work, I assume you meant reverse lights in that last part. At the TR sensor, when back probing the green/yellow wire at the plugged up connector. With the parking brake on, key on, shifter in reverse, this wire should have battery voltage. If it does then we need to focus on the trailer reverse lamp relay built into and not serviceable, inside the fuse box under the dash. Verify fuse 10 is good and has power. Then we need to back probe and test connector E pin 20 black/pink wire on the back of the interior fuse box at the passengers right foot. This wire should also be powered using the same steps prior. If its not then the fuse box is bad or there is a wire issue to he fuse box from the TR sensor. If it is powered then the wire form the fuse box to the rear lamps is broken. Let me know the result. Below is a link showing connector E.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/connectorE.png

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I am addressing you from my home, not from Just Answer. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, you the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see this on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate me bad I am not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose