FSM09
FSM09, Other
Experience:  Ford Senior Master, specialty in diesels, drive trains, and powertrain.
74859263

2002 f 150 2x4 v6, swapped in junkyard trans they said was

Customer Question

2002 f 150 2x4 v6, swapped in junkyard trans they said was same . tried to road test . speedo is like 3 times to fast now . did try speed sensor from old trans / same fast speedo .
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  FSM09 replied 1 year ago.

The transmission can have a different gear ratio depending on what it came out of. The transmission might be the same but the gear ratio may be different if that is all that was changed.

Expert:  FSM09 replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.