Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Transmission shift hard when coming out of reverse want

Customer Question

Transmission shift hard when coming out of reverse want change gears and the check engine light comes comes on
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

What should be done first here is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Since the check engine light has come on with this issue here most likely one or more fault codes have set with this fault needing diagnosed to help locate the issue here.

Most common to cause this issue is usually the transmission valve body needing replaced or the pressure control/regulating solenoid at fault needing replaced.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.If not the codes need checked by someone that can check these codes as well as do the diagnosis for the location of the fault and repair it from there.I suspect valve body issue and/or pressure control/regulating solenoid at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.