Mike, Technician
Experience:  Motor Technician of 34 years+ in vehicle repair and diagnostics.
9261905

Where do you put transmission fluid in a 2006 MERCEDES E350

Customer Question

Where do you put transmission fluid in a 2006 MERCEDES E350 4matic?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

The model you have is not straight forward at all Im afraid - there is no check / dip stick for you to check the level -and no "normal" filler tube.. It is a very complicated procedure -needing a pump / temp gauge ( for the oil temp )..or ideally a plug in to the diag port machine to check the oil temp ..

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

I can give you a general write up / procedure if you like - but really this is a pro task / shop task unless you have the equipment/ really want to give it a go...

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

In strict answer to your question, the new fluid / oil actually goes in, through the drain hole. ( so you see the idea)

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hence the need for a pump as mentioned before....

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

That strictly answers your question.. Im not receiving any reply from you so I assume you have gone off line for a time -

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE