Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2002 mercury sable AX4N metric trans axle 19 bolt

Customer Question

2002 mercury sable AX4N metric trans axle 19 bolt transmission
Question.. I pulled the cv axle out on passenger side. the bushing the axle shaft rides in is in bad shape. It is not the 064 bushing but rather the larger one the axle rides in.
I have not been unable to find a part number for it or how to replace it if I do find one.
Please Help!!!
Lesterlee
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I have never seen this bushing fail, nor does Ford cover a replacement procedure for it. I looked through my aftermarket supplier and they do not show it as a purchase able item. Unfortunately its looking like a replacement case is in order.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris,
Thank You for your reply. Apparently you are retracing my steps. The 064 bushing, I have a new one, fits between the case and the main bushing we are trying to figure out. The part in question looks like a short piece of pipe. Looking at it from the end where the axle was, it looks to be replaceable.
Could it be a part of a larger component? Lesterlee

Below is a link to an image.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/bushing.png

I know the part you are referring to, just finding someone that has it, is the problem. You can most likely get it out with reversible expandable 3 jaw slide hammer puller and install it with a socket and rubber mallet. It is considered to be part of the case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, I already have that image.
What I need is the part number and where I can get it.
Sorry you couldn't help. I will try a transmission rebuilder tomorrow for answers.
Please refund my money.
Lesterlee

You have to contact the website for that, I just answer questions. Sorry I was not able to get you a part number, from Ford Motorcraft nor my 3 transmission parts suppliers for this bushing alone. Best of luck.