sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I have 2006 BMW 750 I Sometimes when I start the car, I get

Customer Question

Hi, I am Sergio. I have 2006 BMW 750 I Sometimes when I start the car, I get transmission problem, it is not moving I get the message transmission fault, and all light on the dash parking, drive and reverse are blinking. I shit the car down, wait for 20-30 minutes and it starts again normally. WE scanned the transmission code 4E21 electronic pressure control valve 2. Any advise on that kind of problem.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The 4E21 can stand for five actual fault codes - P0775, P0778, P0966, P0867, and P179B. Do you know which actual P code is setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mechanic scanned again and he could not get any P codes. We are getting misfire codes because the car was not drivable for the last 3 months. By the way there is no check engine lights on, no any other lights, no messages. This problem only comes up when I shut down the engine for some reason after driving for a while. And there was another problem for the last two years: when I am slowing down for the street light and gears going down smooth and there was no complete stop, then I push the accelerator to keep going, I feel the transmission jump and getting a message transmission fault. If the car stops completely, then start going again, no problems at all.

No codes are currently setting then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no other codes. money is charged, but there is no answer so far for our question

I'm trying to gather the information I need to be able to be able to determine what you have going on.

You said there are no other codes in this post. The 4E21 is actually still setting then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the worded code description? To determine which code is actually setting I'd need the worded description or the P code number.