Brad
Brad, Dealer Technician
Experience:  ASE Master,(L-1) Certified, Transmission Specialist
10114124

I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. This week while I am driving

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. This week while I am driving all my gear lights on the panel come on sometimes. What is going on?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be clear not the dashboard, but on the gear shift.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

If all the lights on the shifter are coming on then somethings wrong and there will be DTC's(codes) set in the shifter module.. The first step to repairing your issues is to retrieve the codes wit a scantool and follow the diagnostic test for each active code..

Can you have the codes read and post them here so I can get you the information you need to get it repaired?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a scantool. Is that something I can purchase from automotive store which I am not able to do today. I can get it by Friday. Then once I get the codes is there a website or app I can look codes up on ?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't purchase a scantool just to read your cars codes because they cost 4,500.00 If you don't have one then you will need a shop to retrieve the codes for you.. Once you get the codes post them here so I can tell you whats going on..

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Keep me posted,

Brad