Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

To you. i have a jeep with 45rfe trans that would not shift

Customer Question

good day to you. i have a jeep with 45rfe trans that would not shift to 3rd or 4th. had the trans out replaced all seals and cluthes. od clutch were burned but could not find the cause. got the trans back and still no 3rd or 4th. replaced the solenoid pack but still nothing. repaced the line pres sensor and still no luck. any help plz
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Any earning lights on, and codes stored?

Does it make no effort to shift out of 2nd or does 3rd act like neutral?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day to you chris.
3rd is like neutral.
P1790. P0733. 3rd gear ratio error and fault imediatly afrer shift.
I have also since replaced the teflon seal on od accumilator with rubber seal but no luck. On live data it shows me its shifting to 3rd but output speed drops imediatly. Ordered in and output sensors. Dont know whether it wil help.

Below are the diag steps for no 3rd gear.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/no3rd.pdf

Have you done an air test on the clutches to see if the concern is within the transmission or in the valve body?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi chris. as far as the valve body goes, i have replaced all check balls and made sure all valves is loose and moves freely. i have checked all accumulator bores for wear dont know if there is any thing i should know aboud the valves and wear on valves.
i also tried another solenoid block yesterday but there is no diff. thinking of pulling the box again today.

Based on that information, getting into the transmission to check it out internally looks to be the next step here.