Jon F
Jon F, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge tech
62301042

I just bought a 200 cirrus. it has all forward gears but

Customer Question

i just bought a 200 cirrus. it has all forward gears but when you out it in revers you can feel it ingadgebut wont move.ppl i got it from said it happened after they put new rotors on....i dont see why that would be an issue with the trans
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jon F replied 1 year ago.

Hi, your transmission will most likely have to come out to fix the no reverse issue. There are only two clutches in the reverse clutch pack. if it moves ok in forward and not reverse, those clutches are most likely burnt up. It's probably about $20 in parts but since you need to remove the transmission and take the input assembly out of the transmission, you might as well rebuild the transmission while you have it out and apart.

Expert:  Jon F replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with?