Trans_ Service
Trans_ Service, ..................
Experience:  .................
14892859

I have a 2005 Acura MDX. There was leak in the transmission

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Acura MDX. There was leak in the transmission as per my mechanic so the transmission hose was replaced and repair the fitting at the radiator.They charge me $174. After a few days, I have observed that it continued to leak so I took it back to my mechanic. They have a 90 days warranty on labor. He said that I have to replace the radiator and put 2 gallons of antifreeze. They charge me again $518 because this was different issue from the previous one. After two days, I had to take the car back again because it was so hard to turn the steering wheel. The mechanic said that it needs a new steering pump. Now, I am not sure if these were all true. Please advise.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Trans_ Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Based on what you are stating,

Based on your statement "Transmission hose replaced, and REPAIR THE FITTING at the radiator", this sounds to me like they did not 'repair' the fitting properly, if at all. Or, worse yet, they damaged the fitting when they replaced the trans hose, thusly causing the need for a replacement radiator. I would think you have a valid case against them that they caused the need for the radiator replacement. If there was ANY QUESTION that the fitting was suspect after the 'repair', it should have been clearly noted on the repair order that if the fitting leaks, a replacement radiator will be required. This is done to protect them form having to absorb the costs in a situation exactly like this. My opinion i sthey owe you the radiator replacement money.

The power steering pump is a separate issue. Assuming the belt is not slipping, replacement of the pump is highly likely.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer