ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

Was driving uphill in my 2011 legacy when the car suddenly

Customer Question

Was driving uphill in my 2011 legacy when the car suddenly converted from auto to manual and dropped into 1st gear from D. there is no dipstick to check the transmission levels - other than bring it back to dealer, what else can I check?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Unfortunately due to engineering and design, there is little you can check yourself without a diagnostic scan tool and other special equipment.
However, this may be electronic, so we can try a hard reset of the control modules. Disconnect the battery cables for 10 minutes and then reconnect and test drive. If driving ok, there is an issue in the transmission electronics - either the control module, shift solenoid or tcc solenoid