ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

First the gear box was serviced and changed the gear oil and

Customer Question

First the gear box was serviced and changed the gear oil and noticed that the clutch plates were not in running conditions and advised me to repair the gear box. so it wad done by the same place and after that now the reverse gear was not working when car runs 4 KMs and which is having hot oils. After that the serviced men asked me to replace the Value box and did the same. now reverse is working at hot oil stage also but not properly..need to do more acceleration once change the gear to reverse but not picked up smoothly.. Now the Serviced man can not find the reason and doing expiriments ....pls if some one can help me on this for fix the problem... Thanks
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
By the description of what has occurred, I believe that the gearbox was not repaired correctly and at this point needs to be overhauled, but it would help if you could list off your repair order what all was exactly repaired/replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi thanks for helping me... at this moment I was away from the service centre.. so I cnt tell you the exactly what has been replaced.. but alltheway when the car is ready to drive... it is working properly for the Drive gear and 1&2 for front. but when changes to reverse gear it does not work properly. need to change the gear two or three times and then start to work reverse at once with a sudden jump and work... that's the real status of the vehicle
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
Reverse is solely operated by the hydraulics and mechanics of the transmission. This may be from a faulty servo, low-reverse clutches, faulty drum or band, or restriction in the valve body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
I'm calling from Sri Lanka and my phone no is XXXXXXXXXX
my car gear box was reset againand replaced a valve body and refilled with new oil. but still reverse I not working when travel 1 Km. pls advice the fault.
pls call me as I requested earlier
thanks
janaka
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
HI
There is nothing to reset - the gearbox has to come out and the reverse bands, clutches, drum and likely servo need to be replaced - in other words, gearbox overhauled
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi'
above every thing has been done three times but still having the same issue. also now the engine check light is indicating some times and it also not working properly. pls advice me.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I and my service agent guess the problem should be some sort of electric supply to the reverse gear. do u have any idea about?. my engine has two solonides for the valve body one for OD and the other for the reverse.. am I right? there might be some error... if you have any idea regarding this pls tell me where can I find the error and how to fixed it?
Thanks,
janaka..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
Please help me. I'm waiting.
Thanks
janaka
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi'
Iam not satisfied with your last advice and still waiting for a gd answer.. please need assistance quickly..
Best Regards,
Janaka
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi'
why the engine check light is not working to the switch on? where is the problem?
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Eric,
still I am waiting for your advices on above issues. pls advice me as. soon as possible
Thank you
Janaka
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,
still I am wating for a solution for my problem. can you please assist me on this.
Thank you
Janaka