Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2000 3500 Dodge truck. When the transmission is

Customer Question

I have a 2000 3500 Dodge truck. When the transmission is cold the vehicle will move
but after you drive some then it begins to slip.. what is that a sign of?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
transmission was working fine until hose in front of radiator broke, we replaced hose and filled with fluid but
didn't work right after that.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Slipping means the rpms rise high and fast but speed does not increase equally, is that what you get? If so this means there is now internal damage to the clutches and bands that is going to require an overhaul to address. Faulty pressure seals could of been to blame for this.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris