Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

My son's 2008 Altima's transmission won't shift out of 1st

Customer Question

My son's 2008 Altima's transmission won't shift out of 1st gear...sometimes. Sometimes it shifts perfect. It happens mostly when he has done a lot of stop and go driving.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you get this problem resolved the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see if there are any transmission fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.