Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 99 ford f350 with a 4r100 transmission that was

Customer Question

I have a 99 ford f350 with a 4r100 transmission that was replaced 2 weeks ago. After replacing the transmission I towed my camper approximately 109 miles at 60-65 MPH. After unhooking the camper and sleeping for the night I was heading to town when the transfer case kept popping out of gear. I replaced the transfer case and now no matter what I do with the t-case or transmission shifters the truck acts like it is neutral and when I try to put the transmission it grinds. I have to turn the truck off to get it in park. When I do get it in park (at least the shifter on the steering column) the truck will roll. Right now I have the wheels chocked to keep it from rolling. Also the gear indicator on the dash is between R and N even though the shifter is all the way up. Is it possible my problem is the transmission shift cable needs adjustment?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

For the shifter position incorrect. The shift linkage is out of adjustment or the shift indicator adjuster needs adjusted. Neither will cause the issues that are more important. Your transfer case is in neutral. Is your 4x4 auto or manual?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris