ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

2001 Dodge 2500 Trk 8.0 with auto trans. On a recent trip of

Customer Question

2001 Dodge 2500 Trk 8.0 with auto trans. On a recent trip of several hundred miles the torque lockup started acted up. in 3rd but mostly OD it would continously unlock and relock while still remaining in gear. Several hundred RPM change as it went in/out.I'm sure it was the converter. Partly out of frustration I had floored the petal on an on ramp and let it rev up and shift thru the gears. To my surprise the problem cleared up completely! Its been a week now and running fine!. What could cause this?? My gut says it's a switch but what Could I try before myself? I'm thinking TPS
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
While possible it is the TP sensor, this is one of the more unlikely causes. I would more suspect that the governor pressure sensor or solenoid was sticking and the gunning it forced enough fluid thru the governor to unstick them
If this happens again, have the computer scanned for fault codes which would point to the area of concern, but just off the symptoms, I more suspect the governor pressure sensor or its solenoid