Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Code d12216 model md3060p

Customer Question

Code d12216 model md3060p
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

From what I have located on this code here this sounds like a fault with the output speed sensor itself.If this sensor is damaged or sending incorrect signals or if the wiring to the sensor is faulty this will cause this issue needing repaired or the sensor replaced.The resistance of the sensor testing between the two terminals should be around 300 ohms from what I have located.If it is out of range on resistance with the sensor being cold to slightly warm the sensor needs replaced.

Thanks Pete