ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

2000 jgc 45rfe started shifting hard, not taking off from

Customer Question

2000 jgc 45rfe started shifting hard, not taking off from first gear, sluggish, I changed the flat filter and the filter seal and replace the output shaft sensor, filled with atf+4 and now it won't engage any gear at all
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
If this occurred IMMEDIATELY after replacing the filter and all, I suspect that either the filter is not fully seated or fell down, either of which will cause the pump to not be able to suck up fluid and prevent you from having any gears. The filter could also be defective and not allowing any fluid to pass thru it
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks