Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I lost the ignition key to my 1991 Rolls Royce. Removed the

Customer Question

I lost the ignition key to my 1991 Rolls Royce. Removed the lock cylinder, took it to locksmith and had a new key made. Installed lock cylinder, turned on ignition and started engine. Tried to put in gear but shifting mechanism does not work.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

Inspect to make sure when you reinstalled the cylinder and any other components that nothing was left loose at the cylinder or damaged in any way and caused this here.I have seen issues where linkage or cables are left off or out of position that can cause this here.

Thanks Pete