Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. repairing vehicles. Factory trained Nissan and Subaru Technician.
2921078

I,m putting a AOD TRANSMISSION IN MY TRUCK IT,S A 92 FORD F

Customer Question

hi Gary, i,m putting a AOD TRANSMISSION IN MY TRUCK IT,S A 92 FORD F 150 SO WHEN I GOT THE TORQUE CONVERTER BOLT THRU THE FLY WHEEL THE FLY WHEEL WON,T TURN NOW, SO WHAT DID I DO WRONG GARY? THANK YOU VERY MUCH..JIM
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary,

This usually means the converter is not in the transmission properly. So instead of being in the pump the ears on the converter are pushing against the wall of the pump. You will have to drop the transmission again and get the converter pushed all the way in. It can be tricky and there really isn't any trick to it, but the splines on the main shaft will go in and you will feel that, then you have to keep turning and wiggling the converter until you feel it push in again. Then it's set in all the way and you should be able to install it and have it turn when you rotate the engine. Once that happens you know the converter is set in all the way.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.