Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.
1627031

I have a 2001 Chevy k2500 Diesel and having transmission

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Chevy k2500 Diesel and having transmission issues we have all kinds of codes they are po700 po734 p1723 p1721 and co221 can you give me what direction to go here. Thanks Eddie
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello Eddie, my name is***** we begin can you tell me how the truck is driving besides the light being on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will not move. I noticed when you put it in gear the selector flashes on D or 1 2 3 and R. Check fluid it looks ok and the smell was not all that bad.
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Typically when you get all of these codes together it is either due to a voltage issue which can be caused by a failing ignition switch, or the transmission control module is failing. Is this something that you plan on fixing yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the customer said when driving it here to the shop 5 miles a hour is all he could do and now that it is here it will not move at all. He did say earlier that he could manual shift it and get it to go but that was a chore, then it got to were that did not work for him either.
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

What is the condition of the fluid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fluid is not bad at all I have seen worse Bobby and it did not smell like it was burnt.
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I would start by checking the connections at the transmission control module. This is located in the drivers side front of the radiator fan shroud. Make sure that the connectuons are clean and tight. If they are then we will need to remove the connector off of the rear passenger side of the transmission and look for signs of fluid intrusion. If fluid is getting into that connection then the harness in the transmission must be replaced.