Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Have a 2003 Saturn Ion that has an issue with the DRL when

Customer Question

Have a 2003 Saturn Ion that has an issue with the DRL when the car is in gear.
KOEO in Park Headlights Off: Both blinkers work, no flashing
KOEO in Park Headlights On: LF blinker inop, RF works, no flashing
KOEO car In Gear Headlights Off: DRL rapidly flashing
KOEO car In Gear Headlights On: DRL not flashing, LF blinker inop
I've tried unplugging the Headlight Switch, DRL still rapidly flash with car in gear.
I've tried removing the ALC/Park relay, DRL still rapidly flash with car in gear.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also checked the wiring going across the front bumper support for chafing and checked splice pack SP101 for corrosion. Everything looked ok there.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you ever get the headlights to flash with the headlights manually turned on?

At the LF blinker I assume its not getting power, not a ground issue to the bulb socket.

So far it is looking like a wire short although the KOEO and KOER issues is odd.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

It seems like we are not done yet. If your still wanting/needing help, I m still available.