Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

Transmission not shifting correctly when cold. SEEMS TO WORK

Customer Question

Transmission not shifting correctly when cold. SEEMS TO WORK FINE WHEN IT GETS WARM. Intermittent problem. Pulled history code 18032 ( Mil Request Active (check TCM for errors P1624-intermittent and transmission code 00652- gear monitoring not a plausible
signal-intermittent. PLEASE ADVISE. Vin-3VWSE69MX3M160999 2003 vw JETTA 1.8
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One component that can cause an issue with shifting and transmission operation is a fault with the transmission valve body itself needing replaced or removed and repaired.I would have the transmission checked over/tested to see if the fault can be pinpointed to the valve body or possibly a solenoid or sensor in the valve body needing repaired or replaced.The codes here are general codes and the transmission will need tested/checked to pinpoint and repair the fault.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you open it back up to a VW technician please? Thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang, Master VW tech, here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

is there any trans fluid leaks? and was the fluid level checked? if low it takes a special trans fluid for Jatco transmissions. please let me know!!

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
working on it
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok let me know!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting .. sorry bud
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

no prob