Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I've got 2006 Carrera 4 manual transmission, I'm not looking

Customer Question

I've got 2006 Carrera 4 manual transmission, I'm not looking for a short shifter, but, is there a shifter out there that can be purchased and installed in place of the original that would give less knuckle effect when shifting in cold weather such as you experience with the original equipment.
If there is such a part available, would you please advise where I could purchase same!
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases this can be due to the info you are looking for being difficult to obtain.One place that is best to locate a different shifter option is an auto accessory install facility itself.They can usually either order one in to work for your model and install it if needed or may have one on hand.Any shorter shifter should fit as long as it has the same type of shifter connection as yours does already.

Thanks Pete