Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years of practical experience in the automotive industry
2947720

I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy that needs to have the heater core

Customer Question

I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy that needs to have the heater core changed on it. I want to know if it is possible to change the heater core without removing the dash board? Also, if the dashboard has to be removed, or not, what is the procedure to change the heater core? Thank you very much
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Yes, the dash has to come out to do the heater core.

….

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzotfp5r83l7byr/Heater%20core.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks