ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

I hope so. Bought a 1997 mustang daughter and the gear shift

Customer Question

I hope so. Bought a 1997 mustang for my daughter and the gear shift doesn't want to move. after playing with it for some time it will eventually, but I can't have my daughter stuck somewhere :-(
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay - it's been 20 minutes. I'd like to refund my deposit!
It was estimated to be 8 minutes or less.
I don't really have the money for this
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am very sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online tonight and saw your question.
When it will not come out of park, you need to check to see if the brake lights are working. If not, replace the brake light switch as it is also part of the shift interlock system. If the brake lights do work, then it is a faulty shift interlock solenoid at the shifter assembly and will need to replace it.
Once again, I am sorry that you were not helped earlier. I can only answer as soon as I come online.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, but it took so long - I took it to the mechanic. I would like a refund as I am giving the mechanic the money. :-(