Trans_ Service
Trans_ Service, ..................
Experience:  .................
14892859

My BMW 550i had alert saying: Transmission Malfunction, and

Customer Question

My BMW 550i had alert saying: Transmission Malfunction, and stayed in low gear. When I stopped, and restarted the engine the problem went away. What is wrong?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Trans_ Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JUst Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds very much like the beginnings of a problem with the transmission output speed sensor. A scan of 'history' codes would reveal this. If the vehicle spped sensor code is displayed, replace the vehicle speed sensor. A scan of the car would be necessary to determine this.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer