Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2008 Mazda 6 with a 4cyl engine and having auto

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Mazda 6 with a 4cyl engine and having auto transmission problems it shits 1 2 3 then does not shift passed 3 clef all fuses n breakers relays moved batt cable and reinstalled started it up and goes 1 2 3 and then the to 4 but is not engaged then to 5 and not engaged I stopped backed up and started forward again goes 1 2 3 and stops there again just like it was before I moved the batt cable the car has 232000 miles on it and as far as I know the the transmission fluid has never been changed the fluid is dark but doesn't smell real bad I've smelled so before that smelled Burt but this doesn't I love this little car pretty much problem free until thanks *****
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Below is a file showing the possible causes.

I recommend removing the valve body, and checking for any valve scoring, and if okay then replace the solenoids used for the 3-4 shift as your first approach.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris