Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

TRANS REBUILT PO780 CODE CLEANED DUAL LINEAR SHIFT SOLENOID

Customer Question

TRANS REBUILT PO780 CODE CLEANED DUAL LINEAR SHIFT SOLENOID REINSTALLED GOT 4TH GEAR NO 5TH THAN LIMP MODE.PUT USED SOLENOID BEGINNING 1ST AND 2ND.TURNED AROUND GAVE GAS SLIGHT DELAY THAN SHIFTED FINE TO 5TH.DROVE BOUT 3 MILES AND SAFE MODE AGAIN.ALL CODES CLEARED AND NO SHIFT
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This code here can also set due to an internal mechanical fault in the transmission valve body or transmission itself.Below is the diagnostic procedure for this fault code here that needs to be followed to pinpoint and repair the cause.
DTC P0780: Mechanical Problem in Hydraulic Control System of Shift Solenoid Valve A and A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valves A and B. or Problem in Hydraulic Control System
NOTE:
- Record all freeze data and review General Troubleshooting Information before you troubleshoot.
- Keep these replacement solenoid valves on hand:
- Shift solenoid valve A
- A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B
1. Check whether the OBD II scan tool indicates another code.
Does the OBD II scan tool indicate another code?
YES-Perform the troubleshooting flowchart for the indicated code(s). Recheck for code P0780 after troubleshooting.
NO-Go to step 2.
2. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
3. Replace the shift solenoid valve A.
4. Replace the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B.
5. Reset the PCM memory by removing the BACK UP fuse in the passenger's under-dash fuse/relay box for more than 10 seconds.
6. Calibrate the engine control system in the PCM, and drive the vehicle for several minutes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears in the D5 position.
7. Recheck for code P0780.
Does the OBD II scan tool indicate code P0780?
YES-Replace the transmission.
NO-The problem has been corrected.
Thanks Pete