Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

My son has a 86 ford f250, 4 speed manual trans, we replaced

Customer Question

My son has a 86 ford f250, 4 speed manual trans, we replaced the clutch, he drove it home and all seemed ok. Now the clutch will not disengague. we replaced the master and slave cylinder were very careful to bleed them well, fixed the clutch linkage to the master so no play, checked the firewall for flexing, all to no avail. Help please
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Start first with checking to see if you can shift the transmission through all the gears with the engine shut off. If so then you either still have trapped air in the system and a bleed will need to be performed again or the clutch and or slave cylinder are defective, check this for me and post back with the results and we can workf from there.