Mike O.
Mike O., Infiniti Master technician
Experience:  18 years Nissan/Infiniti experience
39767275

Is the 2012 Infiniti G25 a good used car bet? I am concerned

Customer Question

is the 2012 Infiniti G25 a good used car bet? I am concerned about the transmission
problems of the G's? Have they ALL been resolved? Your opinion please.
Thanks,
Michael
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike O. replied 1 year ago.

The G25 is not a bad car but it's also not one of Infinit's better cars. That's why the G25 is no longer made due to poor sales. The power difference on a G25 compared to a G37 or G35 is HUGE. If you drive a 35 or*****a 25, it feels almost like the engine is bogging down. The transmissions on these have a software update that takes care of most of the customer concerns like harsh shifts and hesitation. Even after the update though, the 7-speed transmissions on these cars shift WAY different than most transmissions. Other than those issues, the G25 is not bad but for just a little more, I would recommend the G37 instead.