tsmodie
tsmodie, Other
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH, 30 YEAR EXPERIENCE, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have a 99 Miata with 21,000 original miles. After I drive

Customer Question

I have a 99 Miata with 21,000 original miles. After I drive it awhile the clutch seems to go to the floor and it won't go into gear. Had 1 mechanic look at it said it was slave cylinder, second mechanic will be looking at it to make sure its slave cylinder and not something else. What's your opinion ?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  tsmodie replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** will not be the slave cylinder, but rather the master cylinder, the slave cylinder is just a simple cylinder and will nit cause an intermittent clutch pedal, if it leaks it would go to the floor and stay there, but with the master cylinder, it has a bypass valve, and when they fail, it will cause the pedal to go to the floor, and later return to normal operation, the slave will not do this, replace the master cylinder,Tim
Expert:  tsmodie replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help with this, dont hesitate to ask, and please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim