Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

My 2004 Infiniti G35 2 door 6speed manual transmission has

Customer Question

My 2004 Infiniti G35 2 door 6speed manual transmission has an inconsistent problem as follows. Usually this occurs while descending a hill or steep incline, but has also occurred during de-acceleration. What happens, is out of nowhere, the brakes apply severely hard automatically with a lot of force and shutter. This is very disturbing, and somewhat scary, and almost causes loss of control. I decided to see if turning off the Vehicle Dinamic Control might solve the issue, but even experienced the problem at times with VDC off. I also experimented with the cruise control turned on, and it appears the problem went away. However, with the cruise control on, I also had the VDC turned off----but it seemed that the brakes were working excessively--all of this while decending an incline.
So, have you ever diagnosed this problem in a 2004 G35, and is this a antilock problem, or a VDC problem, or something else??? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component that can fail and will cause the brakes to apply like this here is the yaw rate sensor itself.I have seen this sensor send false signals causing the brakes to apply as the computer it sends a signal to thinks the vehicle is in a skid situation.
This sensor is located on the floor under the center console.
Thanks Pete