Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Auto Mechanic
Experience:  35+ years experience transmission repair
2617050

I have a 2001 chrysler concord recently i nottice at a red

Customer Question

I have a 2001 chrysler concord recently i nottice at a red light while in drive it hesitates to go rpms moves while giving gas then jumps into drive.now it is screaching loud as driving .what could thie be
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also ck engine lighr is on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Does it make the screeching noise if you are stopped and in park, and rev the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
This sounds like multiple issues in different areas. Without being there to listen i would suspect the fan belt or one of the fan belt pulleys are making the noise but it is possible to be coming from the transmission if it is reving without moving.
First have the trans fluid checked and if its full then you probably want to have the transmission serviced, change the fluid and filter inside the transmission.
I dont think its anything major at this point but it should be looked at by a professional before it leads to any serious damage.
Thanks for asking!
Larry
What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.