tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 Years experience as Transmission Specialist.
62741268

I have a drag racing Toyota pickup. I am using the

Customer Question

I have a drag racing Toyota pickup. I am using the Aisin-Warner aluminum case W58 transmission. The tailshaft seal is leaking, and try as I might I cannot figure out how to remove it. I have a new seal. Can you help?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.

That seal fits tight and is slightly recessed in the housing. The best option will be to use a seal puller/removal tool. You can get one from AutoZone or similar parts store as a loaner. The tool is made to cit between the shaft and the seal and has a slide hammer to pull the seal out.