Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Sambar auto trans clutch temp light on will not move. Unplug

Customer Question

Sambar auto trans clutch temp light on will not move. Unplug alternator light goes out and trk will go
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would have the alternator tested to see if it is shorted inside causing this fault here.I have seen alternators short out internally in the past before needing replaced to correct faults like this.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had alternator checked before l emailed the question and it was working within speed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
There is a chance when it was checked/tested it may have been operating properly as I have seen some components test o.k. before when it is operating properly but actually have an internal electrical fault intermittently.If there is any way you can have it checked on the vehicle when the vehicle is acting up this would be best.
Inspect the alternator cables and wiring as well for any issues like shorts or damage to the wires or main battery feed cable.
If this is all o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete