Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I got a 04 grand am gt. The transmission slips from first to

Customer Question

I got a 04 grand am gt. The transmission slips from first to second and then third. So I changed tranys and this one does the same thing
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This can be a fault with the wiring leading to the transmission from the engine computer,the computer itself at fault and in some cases a faulty reading throttle position sensor needing replaced.I would have all 3 of these checked to see if the fault can be located and then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete