Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

I have a 2013 Mazda 3 with a 6 speed manual. I need a clutch

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Mazda 3 with a 6 speed manual. I need a clutch and ordered the recommended Luk 10-066 kit. This was not correct. My question is how do I know what transmission I have? I called the dealer with my vin number and was told it is a "t9 6 speed" . There is nothing I can find to tell me what exactly I have. Please help.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
much for answers.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

you should have the g66m-r transmission..

i will give you the oempart# ***** the clutch you need

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Clutch

Disc

PE0116460$154.06

Pressure Plate

PE0116410A$190.23

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace

B0.04.4

Includes: R & I Transaxle.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fazy9p35erqa0nv/0812-mazda-3-CLUTCH%20UNIT%20REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/fazy9p35erqa0nv/0812-mazda-3-CLUTCH%20UNIT%20REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great but 2 things. No info I see anywhere tells me the diameter of the clutch or the amount of teeth. Also I don't want Mazda's oem part. My clutch failed at 44,000 miles with moderate driving. I would like a known manufacture or at the very least something Mazda upgraded. 44,000 more miles and I am doing this again? Thank you for the removal manual but I have that. Transmission is on the ground now. I already bought 1 aftermarket clutch and found it was wrong for my car. Hence the apprehension. Can you provide more info or specs?

hi

i dont have the exact size or the # ***** teeth,but,,luk should be able to cross the oem part # ***** their # ***** give you the right one

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then how do you know know it's a g66m-r? This year and model also shows a c66m-r and a26m-r transmissions. All 6 speeds. More info is needed for me to know that is my transmission. Where to look on transmission for helpful numbers would be appreciated to because none match any of these. That's why I am confused. Thanks

the clutch# ***** gave you is the only one offered for your year model

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then it will not be correct. Luk only offered 1 for my year and model. That is why I want to KNOW how to tell what I have by vin number or matching transmission numbers with SOMETHING that gives me specs. Like diameter or number of teeth. Mazda put and used more than 1 transmission in the Mazda 3 line during that year for some reason. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you offer any more information on why the the g66m-r?

i dont have a Number...please stand by,i will opt out,perhaps one of the other guys will have this info,,someone will be right with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you